See where a career with Murdoch Guild could take you in our Outlets or Offices.
Casual Staff (Guild Outlets)
Express your interest for casual positions at our cafes, tavern and second hand bookshop through the form below.
METIOR Student Writers
Our METIOR Student Blog is led by our student council and written by our student community. We’re always looking for new creatives to come join the team.
If you’re interested in building your writing portfolio or trying something new, this is the perfect space for you! Contact our Guild President, email@example.com to find out more.
Guild Tavern Cook
The Murdoch Guild Tavern is run by the Murdoch Guild of Students and is seeking Cook to assist the Tavern Management and are committed to providing quality service to students and the university community. This role will be responsible for overseeing the cooling, assembly and packaging of Kababs in the kitchen together with fresh fried chips, working predominantly Monday – Friday, 10:30-3pm, a casual position and mainly but not limited to University during teaching weeks
This is a unique position that would suit someone who is a student, (job share available) or has family commitments and only wishes to work during University semesters with Christmas, January, evenings and weekends free.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Prepare, cook and package Kebabs (chicken or lamb or falafel)
- Fry, season and package chips
- Ensure that all food is cooked and presented to the highest standard with minimum wastage.
- Label and date of all food items with date opened/arrived and expiry
- Commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Deliveries are checked.
- Minimize wastage and stock loss.
- Ensure preparation areas are clean and OH & S standards are followed.
- Comply with relevant food and beverage hygiene standards.
- Essential: Food service experience.
- Desirable: Responsible Service of Alcohol
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter outlining your experience, and a current resume that includes the names and contact details of at least 2 referees to: Evan Battalis, General Manager at E.Battalis@murdochguild.com.au
Current Police Clearance and Working with Children checks are required.
The Guild is an equal opportunity employer