Guild registered clubs get access to funding to help you improve your club experience to students!
We are pleased to offer up to $1500 in reimbursements to all Guild registered clubs. This funding comes from the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).
Clubs can use the funding amount for:
- Providing food and non-alcoholic drinks at an on-campus event;
- Supporting a sporting or other recreational activity by students;
- Supporting the administration of a club most of whose members are students;
- Helping students obtain employment or advice on careers;
- Supporting debating by students;
- Supporting an artistic activity by students;
- Supporting students in creating and sending media content to other students;
- Helping students develop academic study skills outside of their scheduled unit activities;
- Advocating students’ interests in matters arising under the University’s rules;
- Giving students information to help them in their orientation.
Clubs cannot use the funding amount for:
- Conference attendance;
- Accommodation costs or flights;
- Travel costs (fuel or parking);
- Camps or retreats;
- Gifts and donations (to guest speakers, charities, event prizes, etc.);
- Sundry/incidental expenses;
- Alcohol or tobacco;
- Weapons or dangerous items that may cause injury;
- Events or promotional items for political parties.
Important Information: In order to receive club funding, clubs will first need to submit a Funding Application through QPay (including a Club Funding Budget outlining how you intend to spend the money). Once the funding application has been approved, clubs can then claim reimbursements for expenses. Please note that clubs will need to first use their own cash available and then claim reimbursements to receive funding. This is to prevent misuse of Guild funds and ensure that costs claimed and reimbursed are accurate.