We offer a variety of training courses to improve your employability.
Please note that job ready training courses are currently unavailable. You may enquire with Student Assist to find out more.
We have partnered with course providers to provide these training courses at a highly discounted price to make them accessible.
Barista (coffee fundamentals) training
This course will be the first step in finding work within the coffee industry. You will be learning from the very best baristas in the business at the Barista School Perth. They will teach you a well-rounded approach that will leave you with all the knowledge and skills required to make café quality coffee.
The course is hands on and offers plenty of practical time using the commercial machines to help you gain experience.
- The rich history of coffee – from growing to harvesting
- An introduction to the artisan skill of coffee roasting
- Dosing and tamping to create the perfect espresso extraction (+ tasting of course!)
- The art of milk texturing – exploring the different levels of microfoam required for different café drinks
- Demonstration of a complete café coffee menu
- Your turn! Have a go at making café quality coffee
- Basic espresso machine maintenance
Cost: $49 for Murdoch Guild Members* (original price $150)
Date and Time: Date TBA, 9am – 12.30pm
Location: Barista School Perth, 2/8 Hayden Ct, Myaree WA 6154
Please note that we are not taking in applications for Barista Training at the moment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training
If you intend to work in the hospitality industry in a position that requires to serve alcohol, it is now mandatory to hold a current accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate.
This online course is provided by Express Online Training, a nationally accredited Registered Training Organisation registered with all relevant and state government bodies. This RSA is valid for WA, QLD, SA, NT and ACT.
Please note this course is for domestic students only. International students who sign up for this course do so at their own risk. Please also note that payment will be made to the provider directly, and not to us.
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly
- Assist customer to drink within appropriate limits
- Access alcohol affected customers and identify customers to whom sale or service must be refused
- Refuse to provide alcohol
Cost: $10 for Murdoch Guild Members* (original price $49)
Please note that we are not taking in applications for RSA Training at the moment. Contact email@example.com for more information.
First aid training
This HLTAID003 Provide First Aid training provides candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to manage emergency first aid situations, as well as administer competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical aid.
Successful completion of the course by candidates will see them receive a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. This is run by Surf Life Saving Western Australia, and is nationally recognised.
Each participant will receive a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the unit.
Please note that this course is only for domestic students. By signing up for this course you declare that you are not a student visa holder.
- Legal Issues
- Infection Control
- Using the DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, burns, and bleeding
- Managing emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess of heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that potentially require emergency care such as heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy.
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning, including care for venomous bites or stings.
Important: Prior to the day of the course, participants will be required to complete online modules before attending. These online modules can take an average of six hours to complete. Students will also need to obtain a USI number prior to taking this course.
Cost: $49 for Murdoch Guild Members* (original price $179)
Date and Time: TBC
Location: Sessions will be held in a classroom at Murdoch University (South Street Campus).
Please note that we are not taking in applications for First Aid Training at the moment. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Contact Student Assist
Murdoch Guild’s Student Assist officers are ready to listen to your academic concerns and provide direction. You can book an appointment with us via our booking calendar below.
For further enquiries, you can contact us at email@example.com