Provide First Aid
Cost: $49 Murdoch Guild Members*/ $179 Non-Members
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to perform First Aid according to Australian guidelines. Each participant will receive a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the unit. Please note that prior to the day of the course, participants will be required to complete online modules before attending. These online modules can take an average of six hours to complete.
Location: Each session will be held in a classroom (see below) at 90 South St, Murdoch WA 6150.
Duration: 8 hours
Learning Outcomes: The course will cover areas relevant to providing First Aid. You can expect to learn about:
- Assessing and responding to an emergency situation
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Providing CPR
- Airway obstruction
- Standards and best practices for first aid management
- Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Manual handling techniques
- Communicating information relevant to an emergency situation
- Relevant regulations, codes and, workplace standards
Requirements: Comfortable clothing, enclosed footwear, and the completion of prior online learning
The dates for First Aid Training in Semester Two are:
- Monday August 26th
- Friday August 30th
- Tuesday October 1st -> Note: Please consider signing up on the 2nd instead. Thanks!
- Wednesday October 2nd
Classes commence at around 9 am, and runs for a full working day.
Please note that this course is only for domestic students. International students who sign up for this course do so at their own risk.