WHAT IS THE BOOK SUBSIDY SCHEME?
The Book Subsidy Scheme is a collaboration between the Murdoch Guild and Murdoch University. Eligible students can apply for the subsidy each semester. Successful applicants will receive a voucher which is valid for that semester only. The vouchers can be used to purchase essential textbooks, and can be redeemed at the University Bookshop at one shot.
Here are the links to apply:
Domestic Undergraduate: https://murdochguildofstudents.formstack.com/forms/2020s2guildbooksubsidyapplication
International Students: https://murdochguildofstudents.formstack.com/forms/2020s2guildbooksubsidyint
Postgraduate Coursework: https://murdochguildofstudents.formstack.com/forms/2020s2guildbooksubsidyapplicationpg
The section below will only be relevant after results are announced:
If you are based on the South Street campus, please come to the Guild (Building 490, Amenities) during office hours on or after Wednesday, August 5th to collect your vouchers. If you are an external student, your voucher would have been passed onto the Murdoch University Book Shop. We might be scheduling allocated collection times later, so please keep your eyes peeled.
Please be reminded that the vouchers have an expiry date, which is September 4th, 2020.
If you were unsuccessful in receiving a voucher this semester and would like to appeal the decision, please email our student assist office at email@example.com. Appeals must be submitted by August 7th, 2020.
Students lodging appeals will receive written notification of the outcome. Please include ‘I would like to appeal BSS Semester 1/2020’ in the SUBJECT field.
Please include the following information:
- Any new information that might differ from the original application
- Any details omitted from the original application (with explanation as to why they were not included)
- Student contact + telephone number
- Student number
- Any further extenuating circumstances
While you’re here, please ‘like’ our Facebook page too!
Please note the following conditions of the vouchers:
- The book vouchers will be valid until 04 September 2020. No vouchers can be collected or redeemed after this date.
- Murdoch Guild may use information gained through this program for the advocacy, administration and dispensation of future Student Programs.
- Please note that vouchers are not transferable, and students attempting to sell, trade or misuse vouchers will be ineligible for future applications.
If you have any further queries, please contact Student Assist:
Domestic Undergraduate Student Assist Officer: Hazel 9360 7350 / H.Mangazva@murdochguild.com.au
International Student Assist Officer: Roland 9360 6419 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgraduate Student Assist Officer: Mark 9360 6585 / email@example.com