We love supporting and growing our club culture! Becoming a Guild-registered club means you will may get access to:
- Up to $1500 grant funding from Murdoch Guild
- Free Marketdaze stalls, Room Hire, Locker and Advertising
- Free Access to QPay Club Management System
- Affordable Equipment Hire
- Cheap Printing
View our Clubs Handbook to see the full list of club benefits!
Murdoch Guild is pleased to offer up to $1500 in grants to all Guild registered clubs.
This grant come from the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), which is why clubs need to adhere to laws around what SSAF can be spent on.
Clubs can use grant money for catering, artistic activities, promotional materials, and other common expenses. See the full list of what grant funding can be used for below.
This grant can be used for:
- Providing food or drink to other students on a campus of the higher education provider;
- Supporting a sporting or other recreational activity by students;
- Helping students obtain employment or advice on careers;
- Providing libraries and reading rooms (other than those provided for academic purposes) for students;
- Supporting artistic activity by students;
- Supporting the production and dissemination to students of media whose content is provided by students;
- Helping students develop skills for study, by means other than undertaking courses of study in which they are enrolled.
This grant cannot be used for:
- Conference attendance;
- Accommodation costs or flights;
- Travel costs (fuel or parking);
- Camps or retreats;
- Gifts and donations (to guest speakers, charities, event prizes, etc.);
- Sundry/ incidental expenses
- Alcohol or tobacco;
- Weapons or dangerous items that may cause injury;
- Events/ promotional items for political parties;
- Marketdaze costs.
Please note: While we will endeavour to support as many clubs and societies as we can, please be aware that there is a maximum budget allotted for clubs grants and once it is reached we will not be able to accept any more applications for that year. We would strongly recommend that clubs plan ahead and make their submissions early to avoid disappointment; funds can be earmarked now for use later in the year.
All tangible items purchased from the use of a Guild grant is deemed property of Murdoch Guild and must be registered with Murdoch Guild. Items purchased with the grant are also available for use by any club (though the club that purchases it has priority of use). If your club does not renew its registration, its items must be surrendered and returned to Murdoch Guild.
Using Club Grant
To ensure that purchases made by the club grant adhere to the SSAF laws and legislation, all purchases are first made by the club then claimed and reimbursed from the Guild.
How to receive reimbursement: