You’re a great person: you work hard and volunteer often. You deserve a little recognition.
Murdoch University and The Murdoch Guild agree. So we are here to help you get formal recognition for your volunteering through the Community and Employability Pathway Transcript Application program.
There are many volunteering programs that allow you to get transcript recognition at Murdoch University, which is great! See what they are.
The program run by the Murdoch Guild Volunteering recognises volunteering that Murdoch University students do for external not-for-profit organisations – e.g. Baptistcare, Oaktree, Kanyana Wildlife, Tax Help, etc. It doesn’t matter if the volunteering you do happens on campus or off-campus. The important point is that the organisation you are volunteering for is not Murdoch University.
The Murdoch Volunteering Hub program involves 4 steps outlined below.
Step 1: Eligibility – Connect and confirm
Step 2: Apply – Contact and inform
Step 3: Do – Volunteer and Reflect
Step 4: Finish – Transcript and Certificate
Start your application HERE
Transcript Recognition Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will I get if my application is successful?
2. Can I share my 40 hours of volunteering across 2 not-for-profit organisations
3. When can I start my application?
4. I’ve been volunteering at a not-for-profit organisation for a long time, can the hours I’ve already done go towards my transcript application?
5. I successfully completed a Murdoch Volunteering Hub Program Transcript Application before, can I apply again (even if I’m still volunteering at the same organisation)?
6. I found my volunteering position by myself and not through the Murdoch Guild Volunteering Hub, can I still apply to have it recognised on my transcript through the Murdoch Volunteering Hub Transcript Application?
7. I am currently involved in another Transcript Application Program (e.g. MSEL Program, Mentoring Program), can I apply for the Murdoch Volunteering Hub Program at the same time?
8. Some of the other Transcript Application Programs don’t need me to keep a logbook of my hours or do short written reflections, why do I have to do it for the Murdoch Volunteering Hub program?