Provide First Aid
Cost: $49 Murdoch Guild Members*/ $179 Non-Members
This HLTAID003 Provide First Aid training provides candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to manage emergency first aid situations, as well as administer competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical aid.
Successful completion of the course by candidates will see them receive a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. This Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised.
Each participant will receive a Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the unit.
Please note that prior to the day of the course, participants will be required to complete online modules before attending. These online modules can take an average of six hours to complete.
Provider: Surf Life Saving Western Australia RTO: 51104
Location: Each session will be held in a classroom (see below) at 90 South St, Murdoch WA 6150.
Duration: 8 hours
Learning Outcomes: The course will cover areas relevant to providing First Aid. You can expect to learn about:
- Legal Issues
- Infection Control
- Using the DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, burns, and bleeding
- Managing emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess of heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that potentially require emergency care such as heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy.
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning, including care for venomous bites or stings.
Requirements: Comfortable clothing, enclosed footwear, and the completion of prior online learning
**PLEASE NOTE** – FOR THIS COURSE A USI NUMBER IS REQUIRED BY ALL STUDENTS.
This training course cannot be processed unless all students provide a valid USI number. To obtain a USI number please use the following link –
The dates for First Aid Training in Semester One, 2020 are:
- Tuesday July 21st @ Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club
- Thursday July 23rd @ Fremantle Surf Life Saving Club
Classes commence at around 9 am, and runs for a full working day.
Please note that this course is only for domestic students. By signing up for this course you declare that you are not a student visa holder.