WHAT IS THE BOOK SUBSIDY SCHEME?
The Book Subsidy Scheme is a collaboration between the Murdoch Guild and Murdoch University. Eligible students can apply for the subsidy each semester. Successful applicants will receive a voucher which is valid for that semester only. The vouchers can be used to purchase essential textbooks, and can be redeemed at the University Bookshop at one shot.
Depending on which specific application you are applying for, you might have to attach evidence of some of the following: fortnightly payslips, bank statements not more than three months old, evidence of allowances, Centrelink statements, rent/mortgage/board receipts, childcare receipts.
Semester Two BSS is officially closed. Vouchers will be ready for collection from 7th August, 2019 (this date may be subject to change).
The section below will only be relevant once the results of the Scheme are released:
If your student ID is on the list below, then you have successfully received a Book Subsidy Voucher for this round:
If you are based on the South Street campus, please come to the Guild (Building 490, Amenities) during office hours on or before to collect your vouchers. Please be reminded that the vouchers expire on 4th September 2019.
If you are based in Mandurah/Peel, please collect it from Vera at reception at the Peel campus from . If you are an external student, you can get in touch with Jenny Alder from the Murdoch bookshop.
If you were unsuccessful in receiving a voucher this semester and would like to appeal the decision, please email our student assist office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Appeals must be submitted by 12th August 2019.
Students lodging appeals will receive written notification of the outcome. Please include ‘I would like to appeal BSS Semester 2/2019’ in the SUBJECT field.
Please include the following information:
- Any new information that might differ from the original application
- Any details omitted from the original application (with explanation as to why they were not included)
- Student contact + telephone number
- Student number
- Any further extenuating circumstances
While you’re here, please ‘like’ our Facebook page too!
Please note the following conditions of the vouchers:
- The book vouchers will be valid until September 9th, 2019. No vouchers can be collected or redeemed after this date.
- Murdoch Guild may use information gained through this program for the advocacy, administration and dispensation of future Student Programs.
- Please note that vouchers are not transferable, and students attempting to sell, trade or misuse vouchers will be ineligible for future applications.
If you have any further queries, please contact Student Assist:
Domestic Undergraduate Student Assist Officer: Hazel 9360 7350 / H.Mangazva@murdochguild.com.au
International Student Assist Officer: Roland 9360 6419 / email@example.com
Postgraduate Student Assist Officer: Mark 9360 6585 / firstname.lastname@example.org