WHAT IS THE BOOK SUBSIDY SCHEME?
The Book Subsidy Scheme is a collaboration between the Murdoch Guild and Murdoch University. Eligible students can apply for the subsidy each semester. Successful applicants will receive a voucher which is valid for that semester only. The vouchers can be used to purchase essential textbooks, and can be redeemed at the University Bookshop at one shot.
If your student ID is on the list below, then you have successfully received a Book Subsidy Voucher for this round:
What to do next:
SHAMELESS PLUG AD:
The Guild is offering our awesome students the opportunity to attend Job Ready Training Courses. These are training courses to prepare students for the job market, and they are HEAVILY SUBSIDISED!
Upcoming: We are promoting Barista Training and First Aid at the moment, but we have a few other courses too. Check out this page for more details: http://www.murdochguild.com.au/training-courses/
Our first Barista Training is on Tuesday, August 18th. If you don’t have uni on that day, consider signing up!
If you are based on the South Street campus, please come to the Guild (Building 490, Amenities) during the following hours to pick it up:
- 9.30 am to 10.30 am, 1 pm to 2 pm
The building will be secured, so please go to the window by the side of the Guild reception (where the bookshop is, and where you usually go and get your smartrider sorted).
We will be operating this way for the first two weeks of collection (until the 14th). If you are unable to make this time, then please email your relevant Student Assist Officer to make alternative arrangements.
If you are an external student, your voucher would have been passed onto the Murdoch University Book Shop. If you are based in Peel (Mandurah), the vouchers will take a day or two to travel down to Vera.
Please be reminded that the vouchers expire on Friday September 4th
If you were unsuccessful in receiving a voucher this semester and would like to appeal the decision, please email our student assist office at email@example.com. Appeals must be submitted by 07 August 2020.
Students lodging appeals will receive written notification of the outcome. Please include ‘I would like to appeal BSS Semester 2/2020’ in the SUBJECT field.
Please include the following information:
- Any new information that might differ from the original application
- Any details omitted from the original application (with explanation as to why they were not included)
- Student contact + telephone number
- Student number
- Any further extenuating circumstances
While you’re here, please ‘like’ our Facebook page too!
Please note the following conditions of the vouchers:
- The book vouchers will be valid until 04 September 2020. No vouchers can be collected or redeemed after this date.
- Murdoch Guild may use information gained through this program for the advocacy, administration and dispensation of future Student Programs.
- Please note that vouchers are not transferable, and students attempting to sell, trade or misuse vouchers will be ineligible for future applications.
If you have any further queries, please contact Student Assist:
Domestic Undergraduate Student Assist Officer: Hazel 9360 7350 / H.Mangazva@murdochguild.com.au
International Student Assist Officer: Malena 9360 6419 / M.Symmons@murdochguild.com.au
Postgraduate Student Assist Officer: Mark 9360 6585 / M.Tan@murdochguild.com.au