What is MSEL?
The Murdoch Student Emerging Leadership Program (MSEL), provides Murdoch Students with the opportunity to work on their leadership and teamwork skills while giving back to the community. Students can also complete MSP201, utilising the hours and project work from MSEL to complete the unit. Alternatively, receive Transcript Recognition upon completion of the MSEL Program.
When is MSEL?
MSEL is available twice a year, once per semester. Students must be able to participate in six key events; individual interviews, a group interview, pitch proposals, a 3-day camp, mid-semester presentations & MSEL graduation.
Semester 1, 2022 Key Dates:
- Applications Open Now
- Applications Close 8th October 2021
- Group Interview 12th October 2021 (6:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Individual Interviews 18th – 21st October 2021 (attend one appointment between 8am – 4pm)
- Pitch proposals 24th February 2022 (6:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Camp 25th, 26th & 27th February (leave on Friday 5:30pm – return Sunday 4:30pm)
- Mid-Sem Presentations – 29th March 2022 (6:30pm – 8:30pm)
- Graduation – 28th June 2022 (6:30pm – 8:30pm)
The Murdoch Student Emerging Leadership Program is open to all South St, Rockingham & Mandurah students who fit into the following criteria:
- must have completed one year of study prior to applying (including Semester 2, 2021)
- be able to commit to the above dates
- completed the application form before the deadline (8th October 2021)
- must be enrolled in Murdoch upon completion
- must be a Guild member (you can change/check this on your student self-enrolment)
Follow the link below to apply, this link is also available on our Facebook & Instagram page (don’t forget to like & follow to stay up-to-date!)
If you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact Lucinda, Program Coordinator:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone 08 9360 6231 OR 0460 283 181