With national and international restrictions being put in place surround the COVID-19 outbreak The Murdoch Guild of Students aim to stay in line with these restrictions for the protection of students, staff and the general public.
Murdoch University have compiled a list of frequently asked questions relating to attending university, travel advice and general operations. We reccommend you read this to stay up to date with what is going on, please head here.
Confused about the adjustments made to semester 1? Please click here.
In addition to the information above the Murdoch Guild have made some temporary changes:
- Marketdaze (held every Thursday during teaching weeks) have been cancelled until furthur notice. Stallholders with bookings will be contacted by Samantha Donovan to arrange another date or a refund will be given.
- Clubs and Socieites Our advice to clubs is to practice caution during this time, events/informal gatherings can be held at your clubs discretion (please note events of 100 or more attendees in an indoor space is not permitted) but please keep your attendees informed with the following information;
• Do not attend the event if you have been overseas recently (any country)
• Do not attend the event if you have been around someone who has been ill
• WASH HANDS before and after the event
• Make your events NON CONTACT (this includes handshakes, hugs, activities with shared surfaces, contact sports should be reconsidered, maintain 1 metre distance)
We understand this is a turbulent time, so ultimately keeping an eye on the news and really being over cautious is the best option. If you feel uneasy, it’s better to cancel/postpone than to proceed!
- Coming in to see staff or student council. We recommend that you contact us via email or phone as many staff members have family memebrs with compramised immune systems, this is the safest option at this time. Please find below a list of staff members and contact details
- Foodbank is still open, however we are running low on alot of products.
- Welfare advice. We understand that many students may have lost jobs during this time we reccommend contacting centrelink directly