By 2018, AIME will annually engage 10,000 Indigenous high school students across Australia and support their transition to university, employment or further education at the same rate as every Australian child. This will build the Indigenous talent pipeline for employers to lead Australia into the future.
WHAT A VOLUNTEER DOES
As an AIME mentor, your role is to …
- Provide support to Indigenous youth
- Be caring and opening minded
- Have fun and show enthusiasm
- Share experiences to help influence others
- Be willing to step out of your comfort zone
AIME provides volunteers the chance to directly engage with Indigenous students through on campus workshops. AIME works extensively with uni students, so please feel free to discuss with AIME’s program manager how you can be a mentor for AIME in a way that fits your uni timetable.
WHY VOLUNTEER FOR
Volunteering with AIME, will allow you to …
- Gain experiences working with youth
- Experience working with indigenous students and learning about Indigenous Culture
- Network with people within the Murdoch community and amongst follow uni students
- Receive excellent support from AIME
- Be the proud owner of AWESOME UNIFORMS AND HOODIES
AIME also allows you accrue 40 hours of volunteer work that can be accredited on your degree through AIME’s Community and Career Skills Development Transcript Application. This transcript application is separate to the Murdoch Volunteering Hub so please contact the AIME program manager for more information.